Cookie Notification

Stitching on the Go


I carry some form of needlework with me wherever I go. I stitch while standing in line or while on the bus, train, subway, or plane. I stitch at restaurants while waiting for food. I'll stitch anywhere. But, get stuck by pins and needles when I put my hand in my bag is no fun so I wanted a small plastic box to keep my stitching supplies and maybe even a little stitching in.

In China, people travel with very small bags. When my husband and I go on school trips, we don't want to have a huge amount of luggage with us so we pack as light as possible which means keeping my stitching to a small amount. School trips also involve train or plane travel which means at least an hour wait time each way, plus the actual travel time, plus an hour or so out to the main campus from where we live in addition to more time on buses or waiting at various locations along the way. A three or four day trip can mean 10 or more hours of stitching time easily. I need something to work on.

I had this small, plastic box that I thought would be great to hold everything I needed for cross-stitch, embroidery, some English paper piecing, and some crochet or knitting. (Crochet hooks or knitting needles, but not yarn.) I am not a monogamous stitcher. I get bored easily so I need some variety. I also wanted to be able to finish a few projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. All comments are moderated and may take a day or two to appear due to time zone differences.

Christmas Patterns

 Right click and save each photo so you can print the pattern according to your size choice.  Get ready for Christmas with ornaments or...