Cookie Notification

Mini Ort Catcher for Travel Kit


I save my orts (thread bits) to put in Christmas ornaments, but they are harder to hold onto when I'm out and about. I knew I wanted a little ort catcher for my travel kit so I cut a square of wool felt with my pinking shears a little smaller than where I wanted it to go.

Next, I cut 2 pieces of fabric and a piece of thin batting a little bigger (maybe 1/2" bigger on each side) than the felt square and sewed them together right sides together leaving a space to turn them right side out. I then sewed around the edge. Also, I sewed around the edge about a 1/2" from the edge all the way around.

I folded the corners together and made a few stitches to hold them together to create a small tray. Lastly, I sewed the felt down to the center of the fabric tray.

Now, I have a cute little thread collector for my travel kit that I can empty out when we get back home and it will keep my orts from spilling out everywhere whenever I open the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. All comments are moderated and may take a day or two to appear due to time zone differences.

Christmas Patterns

 Right click and save each photo so you can print the pattern according to your size choice.  Get ready for Christmas with ornaments or...