Cookie Notification

Stitching Red Samplers


I'm currently stitching S. Ward: A Little Rag by Shakespeare's Peddler which was sold as a limited edition kit and is no longer available. I hope to finish it this month, but I've loved working on it and using the Gloriana Pashmina thread that it came with.

Red samplers are something I'd like to collect. The elaborate ones are beautiful, but I find myself most drawn to the simpler pieces such as marking samplers. My favorite color is red so perhaps that is where my love of these pieces comes from, but just looking at the red monochromatic stitching sends a little surge of joy through me.

Six Red Alphabets by NeedleWork Press is another pattern I own that I would love to stitch sooner rather than later. I want to experiment with stitching it on osnaburg fabric and adding some button loops to hang it from to add to a bookshelf.

Fanny Griswold by Pineberry Lane is another sweet little marking sampler I'm itching to stitch.

Kathy Barrick's French Samplers pattern has been retired but she still has some in her Etsy shop. They are sweet little snippets that would be wonderful framed with an old doily and some antique buttons.

Simply Red, Plus by Homespun Elegance is another simple piece that is just beautiful.

Ann Womack 1838 is another piece by Shakespeare's Peddler that I would love to stitch, but I'd have to do it on a larger count than the called for 40 count linen. I wonder how big it would be on 28 count? It would be beautiful as a large wall hanging.

Quaker Sampling III by With My Needle is a Quaker design stitched in red. So lovely!

Harriat Brown Redwork Sampler Pinkeep by Stacy Nash was a new market release and I think it's so sweet. I'd love to stitch this.

And, has anyone seen Blackbird Design's Ooh La La and not fallen in love with it?

I've also had the pattern for the Red and White Pincushion by WorksbyABC but haven't stitched it yet although I do have the fabric I want to use and I think I'm just going to use DMC with it. Not a sampler, but a beautiful red and white piece nonetheless.

I think I need to make a red and white quilt or two...or three. Just to get all the red and white together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. All comments are moderated and may take a day or two to appear due to time zone differences.

Christmas Patterns

 Right click and save each photo so you can print the pattern according to your size choice.  Get ready for Christmas with ornaments or...